The World's First VR Gaming Notebooks Are Here
NVIDIA knows that virtual reality is demanding, so for gaming notebooks, you're going to want to grab the GTX 980-powered models. One thing that I noticed is that NVIDIA has shifted away from using the Oculus Rift in its VR recommendations (but still uses the Rift for its VR demos) and moved to the new Valve-backed HTC Vive.
VR gaming is much more strenuous on a gaming PC compared to gaming at 1080p. NVIDIA compared 1080p gaming to the HTC Vive, which features two 1680x1512 screens, requiring 450 million pixels per second being rendered, compared to the 120 million pixels per second being rendered by a 1080p monitor.
NVIDIA has some quotes from some of the best in the industry for the new GTX 980. Oculus' co-founder and VP of Product Nate Mitchell, Epic Games' founder Tim Sweeney, and the Executive Producer on one of the best VR games so far, EVE: Valkyrie.
I tried out EVE: Valkyrie on the GTX 980, and it was liquid smooth. Again, if you were playing, and it was a blind test where you couldn't see what was powering the Oculus Rift, you would not guess that this was a gaming notebook.
Triple-Monitor Gaming? No Problem.
Now that gaming notebooks have a much more powerful GPU to work with, NVIDIA is ushering in the world of Surround Gaming with the GTX 980.
We witnessed a triple-monitor setup on the Clevo-made GTX 980-powered gaming notebook, running Grand Theft Auto V at 5760x1080. This setup is no easy feat, but the GTX 980 carved through it like butter. It was nothing for the mobile gaming powerhouse, which is truly incredible to see. It was only a few years ago that desktops could run triple-monitor setups from a single GPU, and now we're at the tail-end of 2015 seeing it done via a notebook. Impressive stuff.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & A Big Change For Gaming Notebooks]
- Page 2 [Performance, Power, and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [World's First VR Notebooks & Surround Gaming On-The-Go]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic to revive old-school Nickelodeon games
- WhatsApp co-founder tells the world to delete Facebook
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit