Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3800+
Motherboard(s): nVidia nForce4 Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Video card(s): ATI Radeon X700PRO 256MB (Supplied by ATI)
Memory: 2 X 256MB OCZ PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by OCZ)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
We did mention in the introduction that the test system has been slightly adjusted since our last Catalyst preview.
It is worth noting at the time of writing and benchmarking we hadn't received the document found on page 2 which explains the performance increases which means we are going into the benchmarks with no idea what was going to be improved.
Version and / or Patch Used: SE Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first synthetic test we can see that there is a very minor difference between both driver sets. The difference really does come down to the fluctuation point in the benchmarking program.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard