Today we see the release of another ATI Catalyst driver suite (in fact the last release for 2004 before they enter the 5.xx naming scheme) for your Radeon graphics card and we will be seeing just how they compare against the previous 4.11 drivers from last month. We will be comparing these drivers with our normal array of benchmarks except we have had a few new additions to our benchmark line up since our last Catalyst preview so we will see a few new benchmarks.
Our test system has changed a little since our last preview and we will be using a X700PRO this time around instead of the X800 that we had used previously.
ATI also let us know that they recently conducted an extensive interview with another website called Driver Heaven which discusses where ATI intend on going with their drivers which you can read here.
Now let's have a quick look at the release notes and get into benchmarking in our normal array of synthetics but also our real world games which now include Half Life 2 and Doom 3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz