Today we see the release of another ATI Catalyst driver suite (in fact the last release for 2004 before they enter the 5.xx naming scheme) for your Radeon graphics card and we will be seeing just how they compare against the previous 4.11 drivers from last month. We will be comparing these drivers with our normal array of benchmarks except we have had a few new additions to our benchmark line up since our last Catalyst preview so we will see a few new benchmarks.
Our test system has changed a little since our last preview and we will be using a X700PRO this time around instead of the X800 that we had used previously.
ATI also let us know that they recently conducted an extensive interview with another website called Driver Heaven which discusses where ATI intend on going with their drivers which you can read here.
Now let's have a quick look at the release notes and get into benchmarking in our normal array of synthetics but also our real world games which now include Half Life 2 and Doom 3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit