Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 540 (3.2GHz)
Motherboard: ABIT AA8 i925X (Supplied by ABIT)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Kingmax DDR2 PC4300 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: DX9c, ATI Catalyst 4.10 and nVidia 66.81
Unfortunately we are a little limited with our benchmarks here today as we had trouble benchmarking the X700PRO in both Unreal Tournament 2004 and Aquamark. Multiple reinstalls of both programs didn't give us any luck at all.
While we would have normally added some other games instead due to the 6600GT having to be returned, we didn't get the chance to retest it with such games as Half Life 2 which we would have loved to do. With this said don't let this be a deterrent to the ATI card as when playing Unreal Tournament 2004 we ran into no issues at all it was just simple when benchmarking with it...or not benchmarking in this case.
Apart from this little set back we have added a number of our normal benchmarks to see how the cards compete in both new and old games as well as a quick look at AA and AF performance.
Before we start with the benchmarks we will quickly mention the results of the 6600GT under Unreal Tournament 2004 and Aquamark:
UT2K4 @ 1024 X 768 - 170.85FPS
UT2K4 @ 1600 X 1200 - 143.92 FPS
Aquamark @ 1024 X 768 - 51056 Marks
UT2K4 @ 1024 X 768 (4XAA & 4XAF) - 138.69 FPS
With some impressive results there let's continue on and see how the 6600GT scored when compared against the X700PRO.
Version and / or Patch Used: SE Build 330
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
At the lower resolution we can see that the ATI card comes ahead yet when we move up to 1600 X 1200 we can see that the nVidia 6600GT comes out to play. Let's see if these results continued through our benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 2 [ATI X700PRO - Overview from ATI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 3 [ATI X700PRO - The Card]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 4 [nVidia 6600GT - Overview from nVidia]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 5 [nVidia 6600GT - The Card and SLI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit