Just the other week we had a look at a bunch of X600XTs from ATI and we mentioned in our article a number of times about the X700 being available. While we don't have the X700XT just yet we do have the X700PRO which has become widely available by a number of different suppliers around the world.
Today we are going to be looking at how the X700PRO from ATI compares against the 6600GT from nVidia as these are going to be the two hottest cards for Christmas as they are going to be representing the best bang for buck.
We will be benchmarking these PCI Express cards head to head on our Intel 925X system and see just how they compare against each other and which one deserves to make its way into your Christmas stocking this year. Both cards are reference which should place them on an even playing field and give you a good idea on just how the cards will go with a retail package.
With the 6600GT set to support SLI it will be an interesting battle between ATI and nVidia as what might be a little bit faster today could be a lot faster tomorrow when the SLI is setup and operational. While we don't have the chance to test the SLI capability just yet we will hopefully see if the ability of two graphics cards is going to come in handy. SLI is a big plus for nVidia but if you have to spend twice as much to get a little bit more performance then a single card, it won't be worth it.
Before we look at the cards we will have a quick look at what ATI have to say about there X700XT and continue on from there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 2 [ATI X700PRO - Overview from ATI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 3 [ATI X700PRO - The Card]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 4 [nVidia 6600GT - Overview from nVidia]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 5 [nVidia 6600GT - The Card and SLI]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- X700PRO vs. 6600GT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance