nVidia really hasn't had a very good low-end card since the GeForce 4 MX series several years ago now. This was when nVidia showed that a low budget card could still give a reasonable gaming performance and we are pleased to tell you today that it has reasserted that belief with the GeForce 6200.
PCI Express is now to become the graphics interface for some time. With expansion possibilities beyond the x16 slot, we aren't going to see this technology disappear anytime soon. The lack of budget products for this architecture has kept it out of the value segment, until now.
nVidia has used its existing GeForce 6 technology, which has brought them back from the brink the FX series cards put them in, and shown us that with the right optimisations and setting, a good performance score isn't beyond that of the budget user who doesn't have all the money in the world to buy the latest and greatest.
Overall the GeForce 6200 graphics card is something that nVidia really needed to stand out with as the budget sector simply had died off since the GeForce 4 MX died its slow death. The 6200 guarantees a good performance while in the process wiping out the ATI Radeon X300 in our benchmarks along with compatibility with the PCI express architecture, along with the 128-bit memory bus and DDR SDRAM support. You will find these cards coming out very shortly to a store near you.
We have awarded nVidia our TweakTown "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award for their GeForce 6200
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeForce 6200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 2 [6200 in Detail]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 3 [The Card and Overclocking]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- GeForce 6200 - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam