We here at TweakTown have been very lucky to work with many computer companies over the past half a decade or more for our hardware reviews as well as in a technical role.
When we first published our results in our Intel I925 and I915 Mega Roundup article, we had some serious issues with the Gigabyte 8GPXNP Duo (Intel 915 chipset for Pentium 4 processors) motherboard. When we first tested the board, Gigabyte supplied what was to become the retail BIOS onboard as well as a BETA BIOS for evaluation - both BIOS versions proved to be somewhat problematic.
BIOS version known as M2 allows for a somewhat possible overclock, however, no divider rations were provided, voltage control was somewhat limited and it also refused to detect our Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz CPU. When swapping over to the retail version F2 BIOS things went from bad to worse. F2 BIOS would not allow you to select a FSB above 205MHz, or the system would simply fail to post, C.I.A.2 control would not work, as setting it to enable would also cause a POST failure. To top this all off, the performance of the BIOS was also less than stellar.
We have been working with Gigabyte for some time now on this issue and they have come up with a new BIOS version to fix some of the problems we encountered with the original release. Today we are going to revisit the Gigabyte 8GPNXPD Duo motherboard with the new D3 BIOS to see what has been improved and what still needs some work.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ