We here at TweakTown have been very lucky to work with many computer companies over the past half a decade or more for our hardware reviews as well as in a technical role.
When we first published our results in our Intel I925 and I915 Mega Roundup article, we had some serious issues with the Gigabyte 8GPXNP Duo (Intel 915 chipset for Pentium 4 processors) motherboard. When we first tested the board, Gigabyte supplied what was to become the retail BIOS onboard as well as a BETA BIOS for evaluation - both BIOS versions proved to be somewhat problematic.
BIOS version known as M2 allows for a somewhat possible overclock, however, no divider rations were provided, voltage control was somewhat limited and it also refused to detect our Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz CPU. When swapping over to the retail version F2 BIOS things went from bad to worse. F2 BIOS would not allow you to select a FSB above 205MHz, or the system would simply fail to post, C.I.A.2 control would not work, as setting it to enable would also cause a POST failure. To top this all off, the performance of the BIOS was also less than stellar.
We have been working with Gigabyte for some time now on this issue and they have come up with a new BIOS version to fix some of the problems we encountered with the original release. Today we are going to revisit the Gigabyte 8GPNXPD Duo motherboard with the new D3 BIOS to see what has been improved and what still needs some work.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit