While ATI's Radeon X700 graphics card has just hit the market there is still plenty of X600s floating around waiting to be snapped up. They are also one card in the ATI X line that doesn't have a stock issue unlike the X800 cards. Just the other week we looked at the whole X line up from GeCube and we came to the conclusion that the X600XT is an extremely well established card which isn't going to have any trouble with a lot of the more recent games when it comes to frames per second and playability.
With this discovered it was quickly time to snap up some of the hottest X600XTs around and benchmark to see if there is much of a difference between the different brands not only in straight up performance but also in overclocking. Overclocking these cards is where you can begin to have fun and really get what you paid for as you will soon see.
We will have a look at all three cards from HIS, ABIT and GeCube separately before we begin benchmarking in which we will see how the cards perform at a lower resolution all the way up to a higher one as well as the impact of FSAA and AF.
Let's have a quick at what ATI say about the X600 cards before we begin looking any further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch