While ATI's Radeon X700 graphics card has just hit the market there is still plenty of X600s floating around waiting to be snapped up. They are also one card in the ATI X line that doesn't have a stock issue unlike the X800 cards. Just the other week we looked at the whole X line up from GeCube and we came to the conclusion that the X600XT is an extremely well established card which isn't going to have any trouble with a lot of the more recent games when it comes to frames per second and playability.
With this discovered it was quickly time to snap up some of the hottest X600XTs around and benchmark to see if there is much of a difference between the different brands not only in straight up performance but also in overclocking. Overclocking these cards is where you can begin to have fun and really get what you paid for as you will soon see.
We will have a look at all three cards from HIS, ABIT and GeCube separately before we begin benchmarking in which we will see how the cards perform at a lower resolution all the way up to a higher one as well as the impact of FSAA and AF.
Let's have a quick at what ATI say about the X600 cards before we begin looking any further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Xeon W-3175X: 28C/56T could cost up to $4000
- 3DMark's ray tracing benchmark: RTX 2080 Ti scores 51FPS
- It costs $600 to unlock everything in Red Dead Online
- Over-monetization will kill Fallout 76
- Heroes of the Storm isn't dead, it's just slowing down
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- ASRock z390 Taichi v1.80 BIOS SSD issues
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire