While ATI's Radeon X700 graphics card has just hit the market there is still plenty of X600s floating around waiting to be snapped up. They are also one card in the ATI X line that doesn't have a stock issue unlike the X800 cards. Just the other week we looked at the whole X line up from GeCube and we came to the conclusion that the X600XT is an extremely well established card which isn't going to have any trouble with a lot of the more recent games when it comes to frames per second and playability.
With this discovered it was quickly time to snap up some of the hottest X600XTs around and benchmark to see if there is much of a difference between the different brands not only in straight up performance but also in overclocking. Overclocking these cards is where you can begin to have fun and really get what you paid for as you will soon see.
We will have a look at all three cards from HIS, ABIT and GeCube separately before we begin benchmarking in which we will see how the cards perform at a lower resolution all the way up to a higher one as well as the impact of FSAA and AF.
Let's have a quick at what ATI say about the X600 cards before we begin looking any further.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X600XT Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 2 [X600 Overview]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 3 [HIS X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 4 [ABIT X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 5 [GeCube X600XT]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- X600XT Shootout - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard