Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime
CINEBENCH's OpenCL test uses the iGP of each CPU (excluding the 5960X), and shows the advantages of the Intel Iris Pro graphics compared to Intel's HD 4600. CINEBENCH scores for the CPU are pretty much where you would expect, with the 4790K in the lead because of the clock speed boost, but the 5775C isn't lagging too far behind.
PCMark Home also takes into account iGP when it runs its tests. The Microsoft Office test repeats tasks with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and times how long it takes to complete the tasks. It is also quite dependent on clock speeds, and the 4790K with its 4.4GHz Turbo Boost really performs well. It is also worth noting how close the 5775C and 4770K are; the extra 200MHz base and Turbo on the 4770K really helps its performance, but the 5775C still holds its ground.
The PCMark 8 Photoshop test runs images through Adobe Photoshop, and spits out the score in seconds (lower is better) since I didn't run the entire Abode Suite. It's almost like the inverse of the MS Office test, with heavy dependence on clock speeds. The wPrime scores take into account multithreaded CPU performance, with little reliance on memory bandwidth, and the 5775C beats out the 4770K this time.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Core i7-5775C 3.3GHz Broadwell LGA-1150 CPU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-5775C 3.3GHz Broadwell LGA-1150 CPU retails for $458 at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, GFLOPS, GIOPS, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, PCMark 8, wPrime]
- Page 8 [Clock for Clock Performance: AIDA64 EE AES, FPU, GFLOPS, GIOPS, PhotoWorxx, and Memory]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Performance: Handbrake and Hybrid Video Transcoding, ScienceMark]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, LostPlanet, 3DMark]
- Page 11 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 12 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.