While ABIT isn't the biggest manufacturer of motherboards, there is no denying that in most enthusiasts' hearts they certainly are. If you're looking at updating to the new 775 Prescott processor from Intel you're going to have to get a new motherboard to go with it. There are going to be a few decisions you have to make when it comes to upgrading to the 775 processor as you now have a few options to choose from.
We have seen a lot of new technology being introduced with the latest Intel chipsets and it will be up to you if you want to jump on them all straight away. When it comes to graphics cards you now have the option to upgrade to PCI-E but some people may feel that it's not much of an upgrade at the moment since the massive potential of PCI-E cannot yet be taken fully advantage of due to other parts of the new system (latencies).
DDR2 is another new technology that you might want to upgrade to though at the moment it is quite expensive with it being almost twice the price of normal DDR memory. We will be looking at the ABIT AA8 and the AG8 today; one utilizes the Intel 915 chipset and the other the Intel 925.
The difference between the two motherboards here today is that the AA8 uses DDR2 and the AG8 uses original DDR. ABIT as usual have also implemented features to make each motherboard stand out from the competition. Let's not delay it any longer and have a look at both of the new motherboards on offer from ABIT today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 2 [The Motherboards]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 3 [Motherboard Layout, 3rd Eye and Overclocking]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - USB and Firewire Testing]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AA8 and AG8 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media