Test System Setup
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID (RAID on ICH5R and ICH6R)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.78
We used the Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition 800MHz FSB and the Extreme Edition 3.46GHz 1066MHz FSB in order to try and keep the results as even as possible. The memory modules were set to DDR-2 533MHz and at SPD in BIOS in all of our tests to give the most accurate readings.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2b
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we can now see the benefits of DDR-2. When running 533MHz on an 800MHz FSB system the DRAM clocks are asynchronous but when on a 1066MHz FSB system 533MHz clocks are synchronous with the system bus which means less latencies between read and write cycles to the memory.
On the CPU side, despite only a 60MHz advantage to the new 1066FSB CPU the performance has increased quite dramatically, guess a bus increase now and then does speed things along.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz