Test System Setup
Memory: 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Micron
Hard Disk: 2x Maxtor Maxline III 250GB RAID (RAID on ICH5R and ICH6R)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce PCX5900 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia Forceware 61.78
We used the Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition 800MHz FSB and the Extreme Edition 3.46GHz 1066MHz FSB in order to try and keep the results as even as possible. The memory modules were set to DDR-2 533MHz and at SPD in BIOS in all of our tests to give the most accurate readings.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2004 SP2b
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we can now see the benefits of DDR-2. When running 533MHz on an 800MHz FSB system the DRAM clocks are asynchronous but when on a 1066MHz FSB system 533MHz clocks are synchronous with the system bus which means less latencies between read and write cycles to the memory.
On the CPU side, despite only a 60MHz advantage to the new 1066FSB CPU the performance has increased quite dramatically, guess a bus increase now and then does speed things along.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard