We did not want to mess around with clocking the system and take the chance of destroying goods that are not ours to be a bit careless with, but we feel the 4.4GHz speed of the 4790K when the turbo is applied to be sufficient. Testing with AIDA64 and their system stability test software, you can see we ran things long enough to allow the temperatures to level out with a maximum of 72 degrees with a 23.5 degree ambient. The CPU VCORE is a bit high at 1.266V and explains some of the extra heat. We do however like that we are able to get real cooling inside of this chassis rather than that tiny Zalman cooler we got stuck using in our original testing.
Without any other testing of the 4790K, we would hate to see what this chip does to an air cooler, but for the amount of noise and little effort that goes into assembling a kit such as this, we feel the ends definitely justify the work needed to get to this point in cooling inside of the D-Frame Mini.
Noise Level Results
The pump was allowed to spin at 4770 RPM as the screenshot above plainly displays, and after a lot of the air gurgling has stopped from the bleeding process, we still found the pump to deliver 35 dB of noise to the environment. As for the pair of Vadar fans under it, they were only running at 713 RPM and helps to explain a bit of that extra heat, and why the fans are not able to be heard over the rest of the system.
- You can buy the EK EK-KIT D240 (In Win D-Frame Mini drop-in) Water Cooling Kit and In Win D-Frame mini in black, orange or red at Scorptec Computers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [INWIN D-Frame Mini and EK-Kit D240]
- Page 3 [A Tour Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market