In all we found both motherboards provide performance equal to what we would expect from I865 and I875 motherboards currently on the market. The fact that the LGA775 CPU is the processor of choice only increases its future compatibility as clock speeds ramp up.
ABIT has chosen the cheaper option of going with the I865PE chipset which has proven to be somewhat of the ultimate Pentium 4 chipset, with its own support for PAT-like functions, compatibility with ICH5 series Southbridge - it's hard to go past it. Added to this ABIT has given some interesting extras like Ethernet and Firewire support it does make a great choice, however, without any Gigabit Ethernet support it does give it a bit of a kick in the butt, as Gigabit is set to be the next home network standard.
On the overclocking side of things, ABIT brings a huge amount of power to the party, with the increased trace lines to the CPU from the voltage regulators it has a great potential for Prescott and Northwood CPU's the only thing missing is a better voltage range on the Northbridge/AGP side to give it a bit of extra boost.
DFI has gone the extra mile when it comes to its 875P-T Lanparty board with all the additional features that are supported by the Lanparty series of motherboards, and for the case modders and LAN addicts this motherboard and its package is definitely one for you to consider.
The overclocking state of this motherboard is slightly better than that of the ABIT AS8 due to a higher AGP/Northbridge voltage range, though a slightly higher price premium is paid for the extra features and the I875P chipset and Gigabit Ethernet chip. In all the DFI 875P-T is more of the motherboard you will want to invest in if you want LGA775 and keep your AGP graphics card and DDR memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Old School Support - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Old School Support - Page 2 [Specifications of the ABIT AS8]
- Old School Support - Page 3 [Specifications of the DFI Lanparty 875P-T]
- Old School Support - Page 4 [Features - ABIT AS8]
- Old School Support - Page 5 [Features - DFI Lanparty 875P-T]
- Old School Support - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Old School Support - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Old School Support - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Old School Support - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Old School Support - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Old School Support - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- Old School Support - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Old School Support - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced