The IDE ports are tucked away close to the primary power connection. Their placement should make it pretty easy to get your cabling to the necessary devices, and their location toward the top edge of the motherboard will help make tidying the cables up a breeze. You won't have to worry about working miracles to get the cabling close to a frame of the enclosure since they're right there from the beginning.
The layout of the external ports is pretty straightforward. The Firewire port is in a bit different spot than I am used to, but accessing it was no problem. Also included in the setup is a backplate that will fit into any standard ATX style case so you won't have to worry about modifying your old one to fit this board.
One of the new features of the Neo 2 Platinum is this CoreCell module. The CoreCell feature is composed of four capabilities; Speedster (for overclocking), Power Pro (for power saving), Life Pro (temperature control and fan monitoring), and Buzz Free (for noise management). It is basically designed to help you out no matter what your goals in the system may be. From enthusiast to power-saving miser, the CoreCell is made to be make your life a little easier.
Remember when I said you had LAN capabilities included with this board? To be a little more specific, you have dual GigABIT Ethernet ports all made possible because of this little Realtek RTL8110S-32 chip embedded onto the motherboard. The backplate uses two standard RJ-45 jacks and automatically switches to 10/100/1000 Mb speeds.
I was a bit surprised to see a VIA chip attached to the motherboard that uses the nForce3 chipset, but here you have it. In actuality, this VIA VT6306 chip allows the use of Firewire (IEEE1394) capabilities. It used to be that you could only get Firewire on an Intel based system, but the transition has been successful for the AMD crowd to enjoy this feature too and you will find this particular chipset from VIA is very popular these days.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 2 [MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 3 [MSI In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 4 [MSI Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 5 [MSI Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 6 [MSI Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 7 [MSI Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 8 [ABIT AV8 3rd Eye]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 9 [ABIT In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 10 [ABIT Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 11 [ABIT Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 12 [ABIT Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 13 [ABIT Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 17 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 18 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 19 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH 2003]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 20 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 21 [Benchmarks - Quake III]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 22 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 23 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 24 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure