MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum Edition
Our entry from the MSI lineup is none other than the highly vaunted K8N Neo 2 Platinum Edition motherboard. It is based on the nForce3 Ultra chipset and requires no added Southbridge to function at its full potential. It is a full-featured board and can be found online for about US$139 at the time of this piece. Before we take a look at some of the highlights of the board, let's take a look at a feature list as provided by the manufacturer:
Supports Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 processor
Supports up to 3500+, 3800+ Athlon 64 FX 53, or higher CPU
nForce 3 Ultra Chipset
HyperTransport link to the AMD Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX CPU
HyperTransport supporting speed up to 1GHz (2000MT/s)
AGP3.0 8X interface at 533 MT/s (million transfers per second)
Two independent SATA controllers, for four drives
IEEE 802.3 NVIDIA MAC for 1000BASE-T
Dual Fast ATA-133 IDE controllers
Supports dual channel DDR 266/333/400, using four 184-pin DDR DIMMs.
Supports a maximum memory size up to 4GB with ECC.
Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM.
An IDE controller on the nVidia nForce3 Ultra chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes.
Can connect up to 4 IDE devices
Supports 4 SATA ports. Transfer rate is up to 150MB/s.
NV RAID (Software)
Supports up to 4 SATA & 2 ATA133 Hard drives
RAID 0 or 1, 0+1, JBOD is supported
RAID function work w/ATA133 + SATA HDD or 2 SATA HDD
Realtek 7.1 Audio
Dual GigABIT LAN ports (1x Realtek, 1x Marvell)
3x IEEE 1394 Firewire (VIA 6306)
8x USB 2.0
Live Update 3
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 2 [MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 3 [MSI In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 4 [MSI Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 5 [MSI Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 6 [MSI Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 7 [MSI Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 8 [ABIT AV8 3rd Eye]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 9 [ABIT In The Box]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 10 [ABIT Motherboard]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 11 [ABIT Motherboard ~ Cont]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 12 [ABIT Installation and BIOS]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 13 [ABIT Overclocking]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 15 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 17 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 18 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 19 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH 2003]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 20 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 21 [Benchmarks - Quake III]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 22 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 23 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- MSI vs. ABIT - Page 24 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard