CS Source BETA
Valve recently released the CS Source BETA to owners of Radeon graphics cards with the HL2 download voucher. CS Source BETA uses the same engine which Half Life 2 will use once it is released.
Under the upcoming Half Life 2 engine using CS Source BETA we don't see such a prevalent increase in performance as Doom 3 but we are still seeing almost an 8% increase in performance just from the driver which is quite good nonetheless. Since we were the only player on the map, you may well see a greater increase in performance during action packed multiplayer scenes.
It would be interesting to know exactly how ATI's A.I. algorithms work because we fired up the CS Source BETA "Video Stress Test" and A.I. played no role in this benchmark (there was less than one frame per second difference) as ATI promised in their press material. It's nice to be told the truth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM