CS Source BETA
Valve recently released the CS Source BETA to owners of Radeon graphics cards with the HL2 download voucher. CS Source BETA uses the same engine which Half Life 2 will use once it is released.
Under the upcoming Half Life 2 engine using CS Source BETA we don't see such a prevalent increase in performance as Doom 3 but we are still seeing almost an 8% increase in performance just from the driver which is quite good nonetheless. Since we were the only player on the map, you may well see a greater increase in performance during action packed multiplayer scenes.
It would be interesting to know exactly how ATI's A.I. algorithms work because we fired up the CS Source BETA "Video Stress Test" and A.I. played no role in this benchmark (there was less than one frame per second difference) as ATI promised in their press material. It's nice to be told the truth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox games may arrive on Epic Store as well as Steam
- Gears 5's direct cosmetic monetization isn't 'ahead of the industry'
- Stan Lee's daughter blasts Disney for disrespecting father's legacy
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- ADATA Launches TC500 AI Voice Translator
- Nokia appoints Gabriela Styf Sjoman as Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Nokia Group Leadership Team
- Fujitsu and Qualcomm Complete 5G Data Calls in Sub-6GHz and mmWave Spectrum Bands
- NEW LG K SERIES DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MULTIMEDIA EXPERIENCE
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing