We had intentions like all our other DDR memory roundups to overclock all the modules to their extremes but we did hit a wall at 217MHz FSB. When we moved above this speeds the processor became quite unstable and while all the modules didn't have any trouble getting to this speed we didn't get the chance to get any higher since our testing CPU is not multiplier unlocked and not an engineering sample which can be hard to come across sometimes, even in our position.
When testing the modules we used the built in divider (3:4) on the ABIT AA8 motherboard which would let us run the memory at 533MHz which is the default speed. When raising the front side bus to 217MHz and using the same divider a maximum speed of 289MHz (or 578MHz DDR) was able to be achieved on all modules due to our CPU limitation.
Hopefully in the near future a super clocking 775 Pentium 4 chip will arrive and we will be able to really test DDR-2 memory but for now let's see how they go with current generation processors in the retail market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 2 [Kingmax]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 3 [Crucial]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 4 [TwinMOS]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 6 [Corsair XMS2]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 7 [Kingston ValueRAM]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media