We had intentions like all our other DDR memory roundups to overclock all the modules to their extremes but we did hit a wall at 217MHz FSB. When we moved above this speeds the processor became quite unstable and while all the modules didn't have any trouble getting to this speed we didn't get the chance to get any higher since our testing CPU is not multiplier unlocked and not an engineering sample which can be hard to come across sometimes, even in our position.
When testing the modules we used the built in divider (3:4) on the ABIT AA8 motherboard which would let us run the memory at 533MHz which is the default speed. When raising the front side bus to 217MHz and using the same divider a maximum speed of 289MHz (or 578MHz DDR) was able to be achieved on all modules due to our CPU limitation.
Hopefully in the near future a super clocking 775 Pentium 4 chip will arrive and we will be able to really test DDR-2 memory but for now let's see how they go with current generation processors in the retail market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 2 [Kingmax]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 3 [Crucial]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 4 [TwinMOS]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 6 [Corsair XMS2]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 7 [Kingston ValueRAM]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!