Kingmax DDR-2 533MHz using Samsung chip
Performance range： 200Mhz (5.0ns @CL=3) / 267MHz ([email protected]=4)
Power supply: VDD：1.8V±0.1V
Bi-directional data strobe (DQS)
Differential clock inputs (CK and CK#)
DLL aligns DQ and DQS transition with CK transition
Auto & self refresh capability (8192 Cycles / 64ms)
Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
Programmable Read latency ：3 and 4 (clock)
Programmable Burst length：4 or 8
Programmable Burst type (Sequential & Interleave)
Edge aligned data output, center aligned data input
Serial presence detect with EEPROM
- The Packaging
Kingmax have recently moved a lot of their memory over to great looking retail packaging. They don't have matched "Dual Channel Kits" because they actually manufacture their own DDR memory unlike a lot of other companies. You know that if you buy one module now and another one three months down the track it will work in Dual Channel mode without any problems. This is one of the best things about buying from a company who produces their own memory instead of companies who just buy whatever they can get a hold of at the time and re-label it. While this isn't quite yet the case with Kingmax DDR-2, we expect it will be before much longer.
The box is a nice black and red color scheme that really stands out, the front of the box has a little face where the sticker shows through. You can see here the size and the speed of the memory.
- The Modules
While Kingmax are utilizing the Samsung DDR-2 chip, we have also seen them use the Micron chip over the past few weeks. Both chips are extremely high quality and we will see how the two chips compare against each other as the Crucial modules we also have in this roundup are using the Micron chips.
You will notice the lack of heat spreader and this is due to the fact that DDR-2 actually runs cooler then the original DDR and as we came to conclude (like a lot of other people) original DDR didn't really need a heat spreader either - heat spreaders are a good marketing ploy but really aren't required for mild overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 2 [Kingmax]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 3 [Crucial]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 4 [TwinMOS]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 5 [Mushkin]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 6 [Corsair XMS2]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 7 [Kingston ValueRAM]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2004]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- DDR-2 Royal Rumble - Page 16 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases