Like Thermaltake, Coolermaster are more known for their CPU and case cooling products than for its power supply options, but there is always room for improvement, as long as it's done the right way.
The RS-450-ACLY is the latest top of the line model from Coolermaster which is designed in the same black case as the Vantec.
It also has the same identical cooling setup with a single 120mm fan inside using forced ventilation to remove the heat from the back. Using the single 120mm fan at lower RPM allows the unit to push much more air through the PSU casing without having that annoying "Whuuring" sound that comes from other fans.
Cable management is minimal for a top of the line model. Only the 20 pin ATX power connector is sleeved. The rest are plain, however, like the Vantec with its EZ-Grip power connectors, this one features the identical same. In all you have your 20 pin ATX power, 4 pin Voltage power, six blue HDD power EZ-Grip connectors and two FDD connectors, an identical count to the SilenX.
This is definitely a first for a power supply unit. We have a 3.5 inch drive bay mounted wattmeter included in the package. This has a 3 pin plug and connected into a special port on the PSU. This gives the user a readout of how many watts of energy is being drawn off the PSU which allows you to gauge if you are going over the 450 watt maximum which is a good point, however, a voltage and amperage meter would also have been nice to see, as this is where the main problems lie in PSU's - over and under volt and not enough amps.
Coolermaster rates the RS-450-ACLY with the following specifications:
+3.3v Rail: 20A
+5v Rail: 25A
+12v Rail: 12A
+12v2 Rail: 10A
-12v Rail: 1A
-5v Rail: 1A
+5vSB Rail: 2A
Maximum Rated Output: 450 Watts
What's interesting to note on this unit is the two +12v rails. The 12A rail is connected to the 4 pin voltage supply unit, giving the PSU a dedicated line and amperage for overclocking. While Intel does recommend 18A, this is for PSU's with a single 12V rail; 10A is all that is needed normally for the Pentium 4 Northwood and Prescott processors. This unit should perform quite well in overclocking tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 2 [OCZ Power Stream 520ADJ]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 3 [Thermaltake Polo12]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 4 [Vantec VAN-350N]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 5 [SilenX 350]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 6 [Coolermaster RS-450-ACLY]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 7 [Coolermaster RS-350-AMSA]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 8 [Testing]
- Power Supply Roundup - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CoolerMaster release the MasterKeys MK750 gaming keyboard
- Russia send gunslinging robot to pilot spacecraft into orbit
- Intel CPUs have serious bug: vulnerable to remote attacks
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ