Wrapping it up
For non-lovers of eSports, articles like this generally look like a complete load of bullcrap - with harsh statements coming in regularly including the boring and same-old "get a real job" or "this isn't a proper sport" etc.
If you're not an eSports fanatic and you've gotten this far in the article, congratulations! I cannot urge you enough to head along to one of these events and see it with your own eyes. Whether it be a Starcraft II barcraft covering an $87,500 first-place Korean best of five match or the grand finals of the Dota 2 International which sees every single first place team member walk away a millionaire, you're guaranteed to learn a lot, have a great time, and meet some new people.
A normal live eSports viewing event will cost you anywhere between $0 - $50 for entry, depending on what perks you wish to have. Smaller and more common events like the Starcraft II ones held in small bars or pubs will most likely see you enter for free, compared to that like The International Dota 2 viewing, which was a ticketed casino event, with VIP options up to $60 AUD ($47) per person.
In return for your attendance, generally you will be entered in draws for prizes (alongside free merchandise), have the ability to get your name out to any potential sponsors as you see fit, and also discuss anything with the administrators that you may wish to bring up. Events like these are one of the best times to get your own name or that of your gaming team/organization out there to the world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Games, in public, with mates, at a bar - yes, I'm serious!]
- Page 2 [Why are they so popular?]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced