Solid state storage is the most important performance component found in a modern system today. Without it, you do not even have a performance system.
If you want to have the fastest storage solution in an operating system environment, you need to be running a properly configured RAID 0 SATA based array.
There is a lot to like about Crucial's MX100. Most notably, the MX100 is an intoxicating blend of price and performance - probably the best on the market. The array we put together today is 1.5 terabytes of high performance flash for only about $600 USD. While it's not the fastest array to come across our bench, it is one of the fastest, and that's saying a lot. If your usage pattern falls into a light model usage scenario, it is actually the second fastest array we've tested to date.
If you plan to transfer large files on a regular basis, you can't do much better than a MX100 array; as evidenced by our DiskBench testing. We really like the fact that the MLC based MX100 is priced to compete with TLC based drives. Getting a MLC SSD for the price of a TLC based SSD makes the MX100 a superior buy, hands down. Crucial's MX100 is quality through and through. Genuine MLC NAND in high-performance, high-quality BGA packages, host power-loss protection, and genuine Acronis migration software all combine to make for a SSD that is a cut above the rest for the price.
I highly recommend you own a three-drive MX100 array, and experience life in the fast lane for yourself.
RAIDing two or more drives together provides you with storage that takes performance to the next level, and is something I highly recommend you try. Think of it as the SLI of storage. Once you go RAID, there's no going back!
PRICING: You can find Crucial's MX100 (512GB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Crucial MX100 512GB retails for $199.99 at Amazon USA.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Array Properties]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner