3DMark Fire Strike- 1080p
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme- 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 4K
Heaven - 1080p
Heaven - 1440p
Heaven - 4K
I knew the synthetic benchmarks would receive a huge boost from the additional GPU, but just how well did they scale in SLI? 3DMark's Fire Strike at 1080p was a massive success, jumping from a total score of 6796 on the single GTX 960 to a huge 11,050 on the GTX 960 SLI setup. Unigine's Heaven didn't scale as well, but we still have an impressive jump from the 50FPS average to 86FPS average.
Checking out the 1440p results, we can see that the scaling on 3DMark's Fire Strike Extreme benchmark wasn't as good as the 1080p run. The single GTX 960 scores 3468, while the SLI setup pushes out 5920. But still, close to twice the score. Heaven, on the other hand, really enjoyed the second GTX 960, moving from 29FPS average to 54FPS average.
How about 4K? Well, not so good. We see a total score of 1167 on the single GTX 960, while SLI actually hurts performance, dropping down to just 1070. Futuremark does warn users that they require 3GB of VRAM to run the test at 4K, so this is why we're seeing a reduction in performance, rather than an increase. The 2GB of VRAM isn't enough, and swapping between the two cards is obviously hurting the outcome.
In Heaven however, the SLI setup performs great. We see a great jump in the minimum FPS from 7.2 to 12.2, while the average of 12FPS on our single GTX 960 jumps to 23FPS in SLI at 4K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 4 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 5 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 7 [Game Performance Summary]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit