3DMark Fire Strike- 1080p
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme- 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 4K
Heaven - 1080p
Heaven - 1440p
Heaven - 4K
I knew the synthetic benchmarks would receive a huge boost from the additional GPU, but just how well did they scale in SLI? 3DMark's Fire Strike at 1080p was a massive success, jumping from a total score of 6796 on the single GTX 960 to a huge 11,050 on the GTX 960 SLI setup. Unigine's Heaven didn't scale as well, but we still have an impressive jump from the 50FPS average to 86FPS average.
Checking out the 1440p results, we can see that the scaling on 3DMark's Fire Strike Extreme benchmark wasn't as good as the 1080p run. The single GTX 960 scores 3468, while the SLI setup pushes out 5920. But still, close to twice the score. Heaven, on the other hand, really enjoyed the second GTX 960, moving from 29FPS average to 54FPS average.
How about 4K? Well, not so good. We see a total score of 1167 on the single GTX 960, while SLI actually hurts performance, dropping down to just 1070. Futuremark does warn users that they require 3GB of VRAM to run the test at 4K, so this is why we're seeing a reduction in performance, rather than an increase. The 2GB of VRAM isn't enough, and swapping between the two cards is obviously hurting the outcome.
In Heaven however, the SLI setup performs great. We see a great jump in the minimum FPS from 7.2 to 12.2, while the average of 12FPS on our single GTX 960 jumps to 23FPS in SLI at 4K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 4 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 5 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 6 [Game Benchmarks (4K)]
- Page 7 [Game Performance Summary]
- Page 8 [Power Consumption and Sound Testing]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex Sony boss: Microsoft may give Sony a run for their money
- Nintendo may stream Switch games via Microsoft cloud servers
- Minecraft Earth AR game brings voxel building to real life
- New Evil Dead game may not star original Ash
- Epic Store tried to force sale onto devs, and it didn't work
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ Review: 32:9 Gaming Goodness At 144Hz
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- What F number ?
- Project Nimbus: Complete Edition Clear For Takeoff On Nintendo Switch
- BOOM! Nexon and Final Strike Games Reveal New Title, Rocket Arena, Entering Closed Beta May 23rd
- CEMEX Ventures Invests In Energy Vault To Support Rapid Deployment Of Energy Store Technology Using Concrete Blocks
- Beware...the Zombie Hordes Are Evolving in Horror Survival Rogue-lite Deadly Days
- Talisman: Origins, A New Video Game Based On The Cult Favorite Fantasy Board Game, Comes To PC And Mobile Devices Today