Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Motherboard: Shuttle AN51R (Supplied by Shuttle)
Memory: 1 X 512MB Corsair PC4000 PRO LED (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.8
With the Radeon 9250 being such a low-end graphics card, we have moved away from our normal 1600 x 1200 benchmarks and dropped them down to 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768.
We don't expect huge results out of these graphics cards considering their sub $100 US price but for people on a tight budget hopefully we'll get some half decent results to play something like Unreal Tournament 2004 without much trouble. We have included Doom 3 to see just how these value graphics cards go with the more recent games but we won't be holding our breath.
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
The results vary a little but GeCube seem to be leading the pack here and you can clearly see which card is 64-bit with the Elsa being significantly slower. Gigabyte and HIS are a little bit faster then both the 256MB cards with the Sapphire card taking the worst hit out of the 128-bit cards.
3DMark03 is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 9 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce FX and ATI Radeon 9800), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
While we don't exactly have scores we would rave about you can see that the GeCube is again just in the lead with the Gigabyte, HIS and PowerColor very close to each other and the 256MB Sapphire again being the slowest 128-bit version out of the bunch. You can again clearly see the 64-bit card separate itself from the rest of the cards.
Aquamark3 is the latest installment of the Aquamark benchmark suite. This new benchmark is much more powerful and demands much more from both the system and the graphics card. If there is any weakness in the system or 3D components, Aquamark3 will find them.
We are seeing a consistent trend of results which is a good thing when normally you have cards jumping all over the place. We have GeCube in front, Gigabyte, PowerColor and HIS just behind, Sapphire the slowest and the 64-bit right at the back.
That is the synthetics out the way, let's throw a few real world games into the mix and see if we get similar results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- Treasure hunt started for Dibalo III Eternal Collection
- COD: Black Ops 4 patch unlocks FPS cap in ALL modes on PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 89GB HDD space
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam