The Contenders Continued
The HIS box looks just like any other box. The water blue colors really stand out and it looks great. While the HIS card has a 128-bit memory bus, they have decided to only use a passive heatsink to keep the card cool. These cards aren't exactly power hungry so we can't imagine heat being too of an issue.
This card looks extremely similar to the Gigabyte one with the blue PCB and also like the Gigabyte card we see the Rage Theater chip provided which gives you VIVO support.
Sapphire has an extremely plain looking card and while it doesn't have VIVO support it does have 256MB of onboard memory which will interest some people due to the larger number.
There is no denying that this is going to be one of the cheapest 256MB cards around but what we will find out is if it makes any difference. In the past we have even seen 256MB cards sometimes affects scores in a negative way.
Powercolor is the only other card to be low profile and fortunately it is also a 128-bit version. Something you may notice is that the card actually looks quite long, the photo isn't deceiving - the card is actually longer then most as not only is it low profile but it also has a total of 256MB of memory onboard. To make room for the extra memory, Powercolor had to make the card a little longer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit