While some people may have heard of the value-end Radeon 9250 graphics core, we think that it is pretty fair to say that most people wouldn't have. While ATI want to push PCI Express heavily, it seems that they haven't forgotten about entry level AGP graphics cards. Recently a few graphics cores from ATI were discontinued - 9600SE was replaced by 9550 and 9200 was replaced with the 9250 line.
Our friends at ATI sent us a total of six Radeon 9250 graphics cards ranging from memory buses with 64-bit to 128-bit and from Elsa, Powercolor, Gigabyte, GeCube, HIS and Sapphire. We will be putting these cards through their paces but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we won't be benchmarking the four rendering pipeline graphics cards in 1600 X 1200 or with 8 X AA and 16 X AF - sub $100 US graphics cards are just not designed to do this type of thing. We'll numb things down a long way and see how they stand up.
We will give you a quick run down on the new Radeon 9250 core from ATI which replaces the 9200 and then provide a quick look at the six cards before we get into some benchmarking.
Let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series