While some people may have heard of the value-end Radeon 9250 graphics core, we think that it is pretty fair to say that most people wouldn't have. While ATI want to push PCI Express heavily, it seems that they haven't forgotten about entry level AGP graphics cards. Recently a few graphics cores from ATI were discontinued - 9600SE was replaced by 9550 and 9200 was replaced with the 9250 line.
Our friends at ATI sent us a total of six Radeon 9250 graphics cards ranging from memory buses with 64-bit to 128-bit and from Elsa, Powercolor, Gigabyte, GeCube, HIS and Sapphire. We will be putting these cards through their paces but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that we won't be benchmarking the four rendering pipeline graphics cards in 1600 X 1200 or with 8 X AA and 16 X AF - sub $100 US graphics cards are just not designed to do this type of thing. We'll numb things down a long way and see how they stand up.
We will give you a quick run down on the new Radeon 9250 core from ATI which replaces the 9200 and then provide a quick look at the six cards before we get into some benchmarking.
Let's move on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam