Judging from the slide above, the shift from Haswell to Broadwell based integrated graphics should be more significant than that from SandyBridge to IvyBridge. It also seems like Intel is on target for at least a linear increase in graphics performance, if not an exponential one.
This is what a user who might be ready to upgrade to a new notebook might expect if they are coming from the original Core i5. These improvements come from a five-year improvement in technology.
Here we can see power efficiency improvements, most notably those in the audio and SOC.
We will see many products switch over to the new Core series processors, and Google's Chromebooks are no exception. Intel has positioned Broadwell to be its main architecture for everything from tablets and phones to PCs later this year. Broadwell should bring great improvements in TDP ranges made possible by Intel's 14nm node.
It seems that Intel has proved Moore's Law feasible once again, and by doing so, Intel has made large strides in processor performance and power, as evident with their new 5th Gen Core processor family.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [New Line-Up]
- Page 3 [5th Gen Core Series Platform Hardware Improvements]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series