All of the admins, owners and CEO's we talked to have a similar vision for their gaming events and similar stories to tell. The bottom line of their vision is to change with the times - seeing things like internet implementation, online presence, social media and marketing become paramount in their business plans and structure.
You should expect LAN parties to continue for years to come, there will always of course be the massive productions like Dreamhack available - boasting over 8,000 Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) players, among other eSports offerings, however, we don't expect to see the smaller players (200-1,000 people) evaporate any time soon.
This is due to a multitude of reasons as you would have read over the last few pages, but there's one thing we haven't mentioned - LANs are fun! As a regular LAN attendee myself and having attended in casual, business and eSports capacities, there is almost nothing better in the gaming scene than meeting your online peers face-to-face and getting to know your communities in a social setting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [LAN parties are still alive and kicking]
- Page 2 [The shaping of LAN culture over the years and how the internet has changed it all for good]
- Page 3 [Finding a suitable venue and issues surrounding this support]
- Page 4 [Growth in attendance and much-needed sponsorship support]
- Page 5 [Continuation of LANs well into the future]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases