ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
- The Package
While the front of the box from ASUS is extremely plain it is actually very nice and calm. The top left corner of the box shows the main features of the motherboard like Dual RAID, 8 Channel Audio and the fact that it is using the 250GB version of the chipset instead of the standard 250 core which comes without native Gigabit networking support.
The package like the Gigabyte motherboard is quite healthy. Included is load of manuals, USB 2.0, Firewire and game port PCI brackets, four SATA cables and two SATA power converters.
- Motherboard Layout
The ASUS motherboard looks more regular when compared to some of the motherboards we see today. ASUS has decided against multi colored AGP/PCI slots, bright colored memory slots and weird colored IDE ports. It's a very simple looking motherboard with a little blue heatsink.
The Serial ATA layout is extremely similar to the other motherboards that we have here today, except it is nice to see that ASUS has chosen to add an extra two SATA ports to the K8N-E which is powered by a Silicon Image controller chip. This is great for someone who wants an extra bit of storage on their system or down the track. With a total of six Serial ATA drives you could easily have a terabyte of hard drive space. While the K8N-E isn't the most exciting motherboard to look at it, is nice to see that ASUS chose to include the extra SATA ports that other companies decided against.
The ASUS I/O plate is extremely similar to the one found on the MSI motherboard - four USB 2.0 ports, one Firewire port and a network port powered by the 250GB chipset giving native Gigabit networking. We also have our sound ports including RCA/SPIDF and our normal array of com, serial and ps2 ports as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 2 [Gigabyte K8NSNXP]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 3 [MSI K8N Neo Platinum]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 4 [ASUS K8N-E Deluxe]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 5 [Shuttle AN51R]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit