- The Package
Gigabyte as usual has an absolutely beautiful looking box which folds out to give the user all the information you would possibly need to know. The front of the box gives you a little bit of information but once opening it up this is where you see everything.
Moving to the inside of the box we have, as usual, quite a big package from Gigabyte. We have three IDE cables and a floppy cable which is plenty for most motherboards. Also included are two Serial ATA cables and your Serial ATA power converters if you're using a SATA hard drive that doesn't support your standard molex connector. Also something cool is the external SATA ports. With the plug and play ability of SATA you can plug a drive in externally, do what you want with it and unplug it without having to open the case or turn your computer off.
The latest DPS (Dual Power Supply) is included to help keep a consistent and stable line of voltage to the motherboard so when overclocking you have a more stable CPU voltage which can help increase stability. Something like this shouldn't really be needed at standard speeds. You have your extra back panels which include sound, USB 2.0 and Firewire and your normal array of manuals and driver CDs.
- The Motherboard
Gigabyte hasn't really done much with the motherboard design compared to their usual offerings. They still have their multitude of colors but it has become a bit boring as they are all extremely similar these days - we have the blue PCB, purple memory slots, green AGP and IDE ports. Gigabyte haven't chosen to include a fansink on the northbridge even thought it might look like they have.
The Serial ATA ports can be found just above the AGP slot and just below the bottom IDE ports - much like the reference nForce3 250 motherboard. They are in quite a tight position which can be hard to work with. We recommend you plug them in before you plug your graphics card in and install your heatsink as then it becomes a little "challenging".
You have two PS2 ports, audio ports, four USB pots and something that not a lot of motherboards have but Gigabyte have chosen, two LAN ports. This is handy for someone who is on a network and also uses a broadband Internet connection but cannot afford a router. While it doesn't offer Firewire, this isn't really a huge deal as it can be found with the bundled PCI plate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 2 [Gigabyte K8NSNXP]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 3 [MSI K8N Neo Platinum]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 4 [ASUS K8N-E Deluxe]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 5 [Shuttle AN51R]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PC Mark 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001 SE]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- nForce 3 250 Motherboard Roundup - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit