Last week we saw the release of another monthly driver set from ATI, in this case the Catalyst 4.8's. While normally we would have them all ready for the moment when ATI release them to the world, due to other events like Quakecon we and other companies have been a little busier then usual hence the reason we are a little behind the times this time around.
While we would normally only choose to include results from official releases, with the amount of hype surrounding the 4.9 public BETA drivers, we decided to include these results as well. The 4.9's are designed to help increase the performance of Doom 3 with high-end Radeon graphics cards. They arrived on the ATI website just before the official 4.8's so we will see if they have done some last minute tweaking on the 4.8's when it comes to Doom 3 or see if ATI are simply going to leave the Doom 3 performance gains to the 4.9's with are due out next month.
We will have a quick look at the release notes before we get into the benchmarking side of things.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit