QuakeCon is one of the largest LAN party conventions in North America and probably the world. This year is set to be the biggest of them all with over 5,000 gamers, spectators, media and vendors in attendance. The event this year is being held at the Gaylord Texan hotel and resort in Grapevine, Texas which is only a short drive from Dallas downtown. You can see the front of the resort in the image above, the place is really quite stunning and insane at the same time.
The spotlight this year is obviously Doom 3 as ID only released the new first person shooter a little over a week ago. Along with ID and Activision there are a bunch of other vendor sponsors of the event in presence including nVidia, AMD, Linksys, Chenbro, VIA along with exhibitors including ABIT and a few other American companies.
With camera and tripod in hand, I walked around the vendor area this morning on Day 2 which is in a hall of its own right next to the massive gaming area and had a look at what all the companies had on display for all the gamers to checkout who needed a break from their intense gaming battles. We didn't expect to see much new stuff in the vendor area but we did see nVidia SLI systems which people could actually use to play Doom 3, Far Cry and others and we got an early glimpse of ABIT's new Fatality motherboard which isn't quite finished yet along with the Call of Duty United Offence expansion pack.
The following pages will consist mostly of pictures since there is only so much we can talk about. Let's get started with a look at what the vendors are showing at QuakeCon 2004.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit