8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The eight-drive RAID 0 and RAID 10 results are nearly mirror images with 365,000 IOPS at 256 OIO. The four-drive RAID 0 and RAID 10 results are also closely aligned at 205,000 IOPS
The four-drive arrays peak a little over the 1ms mark, while the eight-drive arrays stay well below, delivering over 350,000 IOPS.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array averages an impressive 146,314 IOPS at 256 OIO, but does experience a bit of variability at the higher-end of the chart. This can be mitigated by enabling caching on RAID controllers, which will smooth out random write performance under heavy load. The four-drive RAID 0 and eight-drive RAID 10 both offer roughly 70,000 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 10 provides 34,953 IOPS.
The difference in performance from the RAID 0 array is very clear in this test, as it provides significantly more performance within a much lower latency envelope.
Scaling in the 8K mixed workload is within expectations, though we do note a bit of variability in the 70%-90% range. This is due to the resilient Optimus ECO drives fighting our best efforts to keep them in a steady state, in spite of the lengthy amount of time we run each individual workload in this test. The Optimus ECO drives feature extremely aggressive recovery mechanisms to provide the best performance, even under the heaviest workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Optimus Eco Design and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server and File Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!