8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The eight-drive RAID 0 and RAID 10 results are nearly mirror images with 365,000 IOPS at 256 OIO. The four-drive RAID 0 and RAID 10 results are also closely aligned at 205,000 IOPS
The four-drive arrays peak a little over the 1ms mark, while the eight-drive arrays stay well below, delivering over 350,000 IOPS.
The eight-drive RAID 0 array averages an impressive 146,314 IOPS at 256 OIO, but does experience a bit of variability at the higher-end of the chart. This can be mitigated by enabling caching on RAID controllers, which will smooth out random write performance under heavy load. The four-drive RAID 0 and eight-drive RAID 10 both offer roughly 70,000 IOPS, and the four-drive RAID 10 provides 34,953 IOPS.
The difference in performance from the RAID 0 array is very clear in this test, as it provides significantly more performance within a much lower latency envelope.
Scaling in the 8K mixed workload is within expectations, though we do note a bit of variability in the 70%-90% range. This is due to the resilient Optimus ECO drives fighting our best efforts to keep them in a steady state, in spite of the lengthy amount of time we run each individual workload in this test. The Optimus ECO drives feature extremely aggressive recovery mechanisms to provide the best performance, even under the heaviest workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Optimus Eco Design and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server and File Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series