Which card is the best you may be wondering after all of that - it is a pretty close tie between both the ATI Radeon X800XT PE and the nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra. It seems that PCI Express needs to be tinkered with a little bit more, though this can be expected as it is a new technology and it will naturally evolve and mature as all new technologies. When looking through the benchmarks it would honestly seem like the 6800 Ultra AGP does take the win in most cases and could be the faster overall card but it will come down to personal taste in most cases.
ATI have had an excellent thing going and they are still doing extremely well but it does look like the 6800 Ultra has the crown. There is no denying that changes are going to happen as both companies release new drivers and game developers release new games and patches but at this present point in time nVidia has sneaked ahead of ATI.
High quality settings with AA and AF enabled shows that the 6800 Ultra and X800XT PE are very close to each other and in all these games you wouldn't really be able to notice a difference. There are a few factors which will come into play when someone spends this much money - mainly what graphics card they feel most comfortable with and which has the better features. You might prefer the nVidia driver suite more thanks to options like digital vibrancy otherwise you might prefer the ATI alternative thanks to excellent overclocking tools like ATI Tool which makes overclocking your graphics card very easy - as we said above, personal taste.
The X800XT PE and 6800 Ultra could just about be called a tie so it will come down to overclocking results...that one we will leave for another day, this could be the deciding factor for these cards though in pure performance terms.
There is no denying that ATI and nVidia have done a great job with their latest generation of graphics cards and as you can see the performance increase when compared to the 9800XT and 5950 Ultra is almost double in some benchmarks. Though we are still limited a lot by our processor, a fast processor with some excellent cooling will really give the new cards a chance to shine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 2 [nVidia Players - The GREEN Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 3 [ATI Players - The RED Team]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Synthetic Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 11 [High Quality - Synthetics]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 12 [High Quality - Real World Gaming]
- Mega GPU Performance Comparison - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director