While both cards physically look the same, one is definitely faster then the other. HIS have done a really good job with the latest cores from ATI and there is no denying that a lot of people will want to get their hands on one of these graphics cards once they become more widely available on shop shelves.
No gamer will want to play with anything less, at the moment we had trouble finding pricing on these particular cards but we would assume due to the better cooling solution that you would have to pay an extra few dollars, as the premium - all well worth though, as far as we are concerned.
The size of the box is great - it's slightly smaller then your usual graphics card box and is a lot smaller then some of the other boxes we have seen from companies like Gigabyte and ASUS which helps when it comes to shipping charges.
People who purchased the very first X800 graphics cards to hit the market place might be kicking themselves now as you can get a much more exciting graphics card that comes with a better cooler without having to replace yours and take the risk of voiding the warranty.
It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that these X800 cards from HIS are not going to fit in many Small Form Factor systems, for starters it takes two slots which are all that SFF computers have and it is a fair bit longer then your normal X800. Besides that, the HIS X800PRO IceQ II VIVO Edition and X800XT both offer great performance, impressive cooling and stylish looks which are very much a welcome addition to the boring line of graphics cards being pushed out by the majority of Taiwanese manufacturers lately. Hopefully other companies decide to follow the path HIS has put down and create more interesting VGA products in the times ahead. It surely makes our job easier and makes things more exciting for end-users.
Both Very Fast
The ability to throttle the fan
Stylish and Different
Won't fit in many SFF computers
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award on both the X800PRO and X800XT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 2 [The Cards - Features]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 3 [The Cards - Packaging]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 11 [High Quality - Synthetics]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 12 [High Quality - Gaming]
- HIS X800XT and X800PRO - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sledgehammer founders leave for new roles within Activision
- Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for PC, consoles
- Tesla hackers mine cryptocurrency, access private data
- Fortnite and Diablo 3 rumored for the Nintendo Switch
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit