Today when we think of graphics cards we tend to think solely of PCI Express, 6800GT and X800XT Platinum Edition. Sometimes we forget about the lower-end of the spectrum, the more affordable cards that can produce the numbers, just not on the overclocker's lists, but are still a great buy none the less.
While PCI Express x16 is the next big thing, AGP still populates 99% of all motherboards on the market today, and is still the mainstream graphics interface and probably will be for some time to come. While PCI Express x16 will replace AGP in the near future, AGP has a great role as providing high-end and low-end graphics interfaces.
Today we have two of the newest budget cards from ATI and nVidia - the GeForce FX 5500 from nVidia and the Radeon 9550 from ATI. Today we plan to pit these two chipsets against each other and determine what is more worth your value dollar.
While this is a good test of the GPU's, it's also a great feat to mention that Gigabyte support both chipsets, despite them directly competing against each other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 2 [The Cards - Head to Head]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 3 [The Cards - Head to Head Continued]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- FX 5500 vs. Radeon 9550 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Switch, motion control support
- NetherRealm Studios confirms 'Jade' for Mortal Kombat 11
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo's images: Ken, Daisy & more
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- Metro Exodus Benchmarked: The New 'Can It Run Crysis'
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases