Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
Performance range - 250MHz (DDR500, CL3)
Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
Bi-directional data strobe (DQS)
Differential clock inputs (CK and CK#)
DLL aligns DQ and DQS transition with CK transition
Auto & self refresh capability (8192 Cycles / 64ms)
Single 2.6V ±0.1V power supply
Programmable Read latency 3(clock)
Programmable Burst length (2, 4, 8)
Programmable Burst type (Sequential & Interleave)
Edge aligned data output, center aligned data input
Serial presence detect with EEPROM
PCB : Height (1,000 mil), double sided component
- The Modules
In recent years Kingmax Technology has made a name for itself in that it prefers to differ from the rest of the memory world by producing modules using the Tiny-BGA packaging technology. This has resulted in quite a bunch of great modules coming from Kingmax in the last year and a half. Today Kingmax is moving in on the overclocking market, while their Tiny-BGA is a great overclocker, there are even more impressive chips available.
For the first time ever, Kingmax has included a heat spreader on the Hardcore DDR-466 and DDR-500 modules in the TSOP-II packaging array. This is simply because of the heat generated by TSOP modules at high frequencies. The heat spreader is somewhat unique as there are no others like this on the market.
As stated earlier, Kingmax has put the TSOP-II modules on the market for two reasons. One, they cost less than BGA and two, they have great overclocking potential. Like OCZ, Kingmax has chosen Hynix modules as its overclocker of choice. The heatsink is attached simply with bind clips, no double sided tape which allows for even better contact with the thermal pad as there is no adhesive to resist the thermal transfer.
The Kingmax modules came up second best in our overclocking tests.
While Kingmax specify only 2.6v (as this is the standard for DDR-400 modules) we put the memory at 2.9v which it handled perfectly. With this we managed 276MHz FSB using the SPD settings; this is by far a great overclock for the Kingmax memory considering the price which is generally much cheaper than OCZ and others in this range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit