OCZ EL PC4000
500MHz DDR (4.0GB/s Max Theoretical Bandwidth)
CL 3-4-4-8 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
Available in 512MB and 1GB Dual Channel Kits
184 Pin DIMM
2 banks to be operated simultaneously or independently
Serial Presence Detect with EEPROM
- The Modules
OCZ modules are well known in the overclocking community. Their module is one of the highest quality and overclockable modules currently available. OCZ ships the modules in a Dual Channel style kit package. This kit has undergone testings to ensure these modules work perfectly together and at their rated speed on Intel I875 and I865 motherboards. While nForce and nForce2 motherboards are supported, the picky nature of the NF2 does cause some stability errors with the OCZ memory. While the Athlon 64 3200+ doesn't run in Dual Channel mode, it works 100% on the AMD64 platform we had on hand, so no problems on that front.
OCZ uses a copper heat spreader with their initials raised so you will know what modules are in your system. While testing, we found that the heat spreader did get noticeably hotter than the other modules in our tests. In fact, it ran the hottest, however, the units stayed fully stable - it would appear that the copper is able to absorb more heat than the cheaper alloy heat spreaders on the other modules.
OCZ has been known to do a selection of memory modules, depending on who makes the best chips available. The 256MB modules we used were single sided so only one side was populated; a total of 8 Hynix DDR chips have been used. OCZ uses a thermal pad that adheres to the modules for better contact with the TSOP-II chips.
OCZ have been known for pushing the boundaries of DDR SDRAM, and this kit is no exception.
With a voltage setting of 2.9v (the maximum OCZ rates the modules at) and an unlocked Intel Pentium 4, we were free to push the FSB to the maximum limits that the modules were able to go. OCZ scored a massive 282MHz FSB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetics]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic Gaming]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Real World Gaming]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]