Our Final Thoughts
Without a doubt, OCZ is still the highest quality and fastest overclocking memory available today but you do have to pay for it.
We have seen that it was able to top out all the benchmarks with an impressive 280MHz + top speed; however, there is one problem- price and availability. It is hard for Australian's to get their hands on OCZ, in fact there is only one distributor of their RAM in the land of Oz but the product is slowly becoming more widespread on store shelves around the country. Price is also one of the bigger issues, as the OCZ memory comes in at the highest priced memory.
If you are one of those speed freaks that need the extra MHz, OCZ is your only choice.
While Kingmax memory in the past has fallen just short of the mark, the Hardcore memory is just what Kingmax needs to put it into the overclockers books.
Toping out at 276MHz, it is no slouch being a very close second to the OCZ memory. Price and availability is spot on. There are a huge amount of Kingmax distributors over the world and with a price well below the OCZ memory; it truly is the conscious overclocker's choice.
Mushkin has done in the past, and continues today to bring high quality memory at affordable prices. While not the fastest memory available, it sure is easy to come by, and runs its 500MHz specifications without a single hiccup. Availability is simple - go to the Mushkin website and order, delivery is worldwide and with a reasonable price tag your dollars won't be wasted here.
Simply put, if you only want DDR-500 and no more, TwinMOS fits the bill. However, don't bother overclocking; it simply doesn't want a bar of it. Price and availability are slightly too high to justify buying these modules.
- We'll looking at DDR-II memory modules from a bunch of memory manufacturers in the weeks to come, so make sure you stay tuned!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure