Today the PC world is spinning faster and faster. New products spring up almost overnight these days, and with the new products, it pushes the older ones to the side and attempt to move away from them as quickly as they possibly can. This might be Intel's plan for its I9xx series chipsets with DDR-2, but DDR is still here for quite some time yet, just as PC100 and PC133 is still being produced by the majority of memory manufacturers. It was only recently that most memory manufacturers stopped producing EDO memory, such as Kingston who we visited last month at their factory in Shanghai, China.
I875 and I865 series chipset are fully mature, taking great advantage of this memory technology, as is AMD Athlon 64 series CPU's. With support only for DDR across a lot of platforms at this stage, you won't see DDR disappear as quickly as SDR did from the desktop.
DDR has just about reached its limits, hitting the high 500MHz mark and even beyond. Overclockers have now started to take serious looks at the DDR-500 memory for the convenience of the headroom DDR-500 gives DDR-400 chipsets for FSB and memory overclocking functions.
Today we have four Dual Channel DDR-500 kits on the test bed to see just what can be had for your overclocking dollar. Today's candidates are OCZ, Kingmax, Mushkin and TwinMOS which are all running DDR-500 and all supporting a maximum memory bandwidth transfer of 8.0GB/s on the right motherboards. Let's give them all a quick run down and work out which is the best option to choose.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit