Today the PC world is spinning faster and faster. New products spring up almost overnight these days, and with the new products, it pushes the older ones to the side and attempt to move away from them as quickly as they possibly can. This might be Intel's plan for its I9xx series chipsets with DDR-2, but DDR is still here for quite some time yet, just as PC100 and PC133 is still being produced by the majority of memory manufacturers. It was only recently that most memory manufacturers stopped producing EDO memory, such as Kingston who we visited last month at their factory in Shanghai, China.
I875 and I865 series chipset are fully mature, taking great advantage of this memory technology, as is AMD Athlon 64 series CPU's. With support only for DDR across a lot of platforms at this stage, you won't see DDR disappear as quickly as SDR did from the desktop.
DDR has just about reached its limits, hitting the high 500MHz mark and even beyond. Overclockers have now started to take serious looks at the DDR-500 memory for the convenience of the headroom DDR-500 gives DDR-400 chipsets for FSB and memory overclocking functions.
Today we have four Dual Channel DDR-500 kits on the test bed to see just what can be had for your overclocking dollar. Today's candidates are OCZ, Kingmax, Mushkin and TwinMOS which are all running DDR-500 and all supporting a maximum memory bandwidth transfer of 8.0GB/s on the right motherboards. Let's give them all a quick run down and work out which is the best option to choose.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 2 [The Modules - OCZ EL PC4000]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 3 [The Modules - Kingmax Hardcore DDR-500]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 4 [The Modules - Mushkin Hi Performance PC4000 Enhanced]
- DDR-500 Compared - Page 5 [The Modules - TwinMOS Twister DDR-500]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam