Intel's Communications Platform offers new capabilities that include Open Source QuickAssist Enabling, and software packet processing optimizations.
The new platform improvements will effect infrastructure such as routers, gateways, and security appliances. Other areas are cloud computing, storage, networking, web, mail, secure search, VPN, and firewalls.
This SKU line offers extended product availability for embedded, communications, and storage applications with 7 years' availability, and 10 years' reliability.
The Communication SKU line-up offers low-power use and high reliability. Optimized thermal profiles are ideal for NEBS Level three ambient operating temperatures. Applications with thermal constraints such as blade servers are ideal for these SKU's. Compliance with AdvancedTCA form factor specifications (PICMG 3.0) is also offered.
In the chart above, we can see that misbehaving applications can affect the performance of other applications. Cache monitoring can detect this, enable separation of applications and misbehaving threads, isolate them, and increase determinism.
Cache partitioning enables separation of applications to their own partition of cache to keep cache from being scattered by a misbehaving application/thread.
This chart shows how an aggressor VM can start to degrade performance until cache monitoring detects this, partitions the cache, and restores packet performance.
Intel Data Direct I/O Enhancements to the Communication SKU line enables PCIe devices to target the processor's last level cache as a primary destination. Previous E5 v2 only supported two last levels, while E5 v3 supports 12 last levels.
The Intel QuickAssist Adapter 8950 provides crypto-acceleration, and compression acceleration.
Benefits of QuickAssist Adapters include provided hardware acceleration services for cryptographic and compression performance, and functions provided for Public key, cryptography, and random number generation. The Intel QuickAssist Adapter 8950 comes in a standard and low profile PCIe expansion card, without the need for propriety form factor solutions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [E5-2600 v3 Platform Summary]
- Page 3 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview]
- Page 4 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview Continued]
- Page 5 [Intel Communications Platform]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit