Users who have only just entered the personal computing realm over the past couple years did not have the privilege of experiencing the rise of the enthusiast computer user and the resulting and exciting new market segments, especially in the graphics card department.
Back in 1998 when 3DFX were in their prime, the then strong company released the VooDoo2 graphics chip with the option of running two 3DFX based PCI graphics cards in one system with the aim of increasing gaming performance. This method is called Scan Line Interleave or SLI for short. Back then, if you had an SLI enabled system, you were the most popular geek on the block, no questions asked. For many, it sparked a strong interest in the internals of the personal computer and as a result helped create a new generation of computers users: the enthusiast.
nVidia has stepped up the graphics performance of person computers in a big way today for the enthusiast and graphics professionals with the introduction of their own PCI Express 16x graphics cards with support for "Scalable Link Interface", or again SLI for short. Unfortunately we don't have an nVidia PCI Express SLI test system here today but we do have all the latest information on the technology for you.
We flew up to Sydney last week to hear nVidia's claims for SLI. Read on as we document everything we learned during the press conference.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Metro Exodus dev talks ray tracing on next-gen consoles
- Star Citizen dev says ray tracing is 'a massive headache'
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!