Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
At the lower resolution you could play Quake 3 in high detail with any card. When moving to 1600 X 1200, the 5200 struggles and the other four cards are quite close to each other. The 5900XT takes a very small hit when moving to 1600 X 1200 and you can see the performance is quite significant compared to the other cards. This is the only time that we have seen this kind of performance difference in any of our game tests here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 2 [The Cards - Albatron 5700P Turbo]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 3 [The Cards - Prolink PixelView 5900XT]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark 2001SE]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Aquamark 3]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- GeForce FX Comparison - Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard