LGA775 vs. mPGA478
Now we get down to the processors.
The new CPU naming scheme that has been floating around the web has now taken affect on the Prescott series of LGA775 processors. The test sample that Intel has sent us is the Pentium 4 560 which has a core speed of 3.6GHz using an 18x multiplier and 200MHz FSB.
In terms of technology updates, there aren't any, apart from the move from the mPGA478 socket. The internal architecture is the same as the mPGA478 Prescott. Though, this is the latest stepping CPU from Intel, designed to generate less heat than the original design. Intel is set to use the LGA775 platform to push the processor well beyond the speedy 4GHz barrier.
LGA775 isn't just limited to the Prescott CPU. Intel also sent the latest Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition CPU for testing. That's right; EE comes to the new socket as well. For the value segment, Intel Celeron D series will soon make its debut on the LGA775 series socket with a 533FSB, leaving the Socket 478 to slowly fade into the background, just like Socket 423 did.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 2 [Socket 775 vs. 478 - New Socket Changes]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 3 [I9xx vs. I875P - The MCH]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 4 [I9xx vs. I875P - The ICH - What's New?]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 5 [LGA775 vs. mPGA478 - Comparing the Processors]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 7 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Video and Audio Encoding]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 16 [Closing Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ last beta goes live January 23
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- صيانة يونيفرسال سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Univarsal
- صيانة الكتروستار سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Electrostar
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top