LGA775 vs. mPGA478
Now we get down to the processors.
The new CPU naming scheme that has been floating around the web has now taken affect on the Prescott series of LGA775 processors. The test sample that Intel has sent us is the Pentium 4 560 which has a core speed of 3.6GHz using an 18x multiplier and 200MHz FSB.
In terms of technology updates, there aren't any, apart from the move from the mPGA478 socket. The internal architecture is the same as the mPGA478 Prescott. Though, this is the latest stepping CPU from Intel, designed to generate less heat than the original design. Intel is set to use the LGA775 platform to push the processor well beyond the speedy 4GHz barrier.
LGA775 isn't just limited to the Prescott CPU. Intel also sent the latest Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Edition CPU for testing. That's right; EE comes to the new socket as well. For the value segment, Intel Celeron D series will soon make its debut on the LGA775 series socket with a 533FSB, leaving the Socket 478 to slowly fade into the background, just like Socket 423 did.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 2 [Socket 775 vs. 478 - New Socket Changes]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 3 [I9xx vs. I875P - The MCH]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 4 [I9xx vs. I875P - The ICH - What's New?]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 5 [LGA775 vs. mPGA478 - Comparing the Processors]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 7 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark04]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Video and Audio Encoding]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Aquamark3]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Halo PC]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Pentium 4 moves house - Page 16 [Closing Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard