Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32MB X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 3.1V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
GeIL has got a great looking module here with its mirror heatsink, which is known as their Ultra Platinum series of memory. The Platinum series comes from speeds ranging from PC3200 to PC4400.
Something that we haven't seen before is the inclusion of a temperature thermometer embedded on the actual heatsink - as the modules heat up, the black changes into a bright color which gives you an idea on how hot the modules are. The effects of this can best be seen on the picture below taken from the GeIL USA website.
The quality of the heatsink is excellent. It is full copper with nickel plating which gives it an excellent look and very high quality feel. The last modules we looked were the Golden Dragon series which used Wafer Level Chip Scale Package which we didn't have much luck with; these modules go back to the more conventional TSOP chip.
The last time we had a look at memory from GeIL, we didn't have much luck with it at all. This time around, we had a bit more luck. We were able to achieve a maximum stable overclock of 287MHz (or 574MHz DDR) which isn't too bad from the default 550MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure