Module Size: 2 X 512 MB
Package: 184-pin LONG DIMM
Naming: DDR PC4400
Speed: 550MHz DDR
Chip Density: 32MB X 8
Voltage: 2.6V - 3.1V
CAS Latency: 3-8-4-4
- The Modules
GeIL has got a great looking module here with its mirror heatsink, which is known as their Ultra Platinum series of memory. The Platinum series comes from speeds ranging from PC3200 to PC4400.
Something that we haven't seen before is the inclusion of a temperature thermometer embedded on the actual heatsink - as the modules heat up, the black changes into a bright color which gives you an idea on how hot the modules are. The effects of this can best be seen on the picture below taken from the GeIL USA website.
The quality of the heatsink is excellent. It is full copper with nickel plating which gives it an excellent look and very high quality feel. The last modules we looked were the Golden Dragon series which used Wafer Level Chip Scale Package which we didn't have much luck with; these modules go back to the more conventional TSOP chip.
The last time we had a look at memory from GeIL, we didn't have much luck with it at all. This time around, we had a bit more luck. We were able to achieve a maximum stable overclock of 287MHz (or 574MHz DDR) which isn't too bad from the default 550MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series