Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Video card(s): Gigabyte nVidia nForce 3 250GB (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Memory: 1 x 512MB Kingmax PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 4.6 and nVidia 61.40
We will be using similar benchmarks as we did in our Catalyst 4.5 to 4.6 article as well as a few more tests. Again we are testing how the cards operate with AA and AF settings maxed out - in this case the 6800 Ultra will have 6 x AA and 16 x AF and the X800 Pro will be using 8 x AA and 16 x AF. We will see if the extra increase in image quality on the X800 Pro affects the performance.
The ATI X800 Pro was tested with OVERDRIVE turned off. This feature does give a bit of a jump. To get a better understanding of how much extra performance it, look at our ATI Catalyst 4.5 to 4.6 analysis article.
The X800 Pro is utilizing the latest official drivers from ATI (Catalyst 4.6) and the 6800 Ultra is using the latest unofficial drivers 61.40, as the latest official drivers on the nVidia website do not support the 6800 Ultra.
3DMark 2001 SE
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Here you see that both cards are quite similar in performance. Considering we are down four pipelines on the X800 Pro, the card holds up extremely well against the 6800 Ultra in both resolutions with the nVidia card being a little slower in the lower resolution but then a little quicker in the higher resolution.
3DMark03 is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 9 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce FX and ATI Radeon 9800), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
It didn't take long for the 6800 Ultra to leap ahead of the X800 Pro. As you can see, the 6800 Ultra is up to 30% faster then the X800 Pro in this section.
Aquamark3 is the latest installment of the Aquamark benchmark suite. This new benchmark is much more powerful and demands much more from both the system and the graphics card. If there is any weakness in the system or 3D components, Aquamark3 will find them.
Again we see that the 6800 Ultra is again a lot faster with a difference of over 20% in performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 2 [The Cards - Radeon X800 Pro]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 3 [The Cards - GeForce 6800 Ultra]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Synthetic Gaming]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality Synthetics]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality Real World Gaming]
- X800 Pro vs. 6800 Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms