4K - 3840x2160 Testing
4K monitors are the next step for gamers demanding the best in image quality. With four times the pixels of a standard 1920x1080 monitor (meaning 4x the intensity), 3840x2160 brings with it a new level of intensity to video cards.
Wanting to make sure that you're buying the right video card for a monitor that offers such a large resolution, we test the latest and greatest video cards in a couple of benchmarks to give you an idea of just what kind of setup you require.
Moving to the massive 4K resolution, you can see it's all video card as all four setups perform quite closely to each other with nothing but a bit of fluctuation being seen.
Even at 4K, we can see the G3258 at stock clearly seems to hit a CPU wall. While there's not too much difference between the setups, just scraping in at 64 FPS means the extra 5-7 FPS seen on the other setups is greatly appreciated.
Hitman Absolution again clearly sees a CPU limitation with the G3258. While it's not quite as severe when overclocked, you can see the minimum still lags behind the i7-4790K by a good 10+ percent.
Tomb Raider sees all of our setups perform quite closely to each other, with fluctuation being the main issue. Overall, though, you can see our FPS are just too low to be playable.
GRID Autosport seems to love the MHz more than the cores when it comes to 4K testing as we see the minimum of our stock processors being quite similar. Overclocked, we see both results perform quite closely to each other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Metro Last Light]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs & BioShock Infinite]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840x2160 Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard