4K - 3840x2160 Testing
4K monitors are the next step for gamers demanding the best in image quality. With four times the pixels of a standard 1920x1080 monitor (meaning 4x the intensity), 3840x2160 brings with it a new level of intensity to video cards.
Wanting to make sure that you're buying the right video card for a monitor that offers such a large resolution, we test the latest and greatest video cards in a couple of benchmarks to give you an idea of just what kind of setup you require.
Moving to the massive 4K resolution, you can see it's all video card as all four setups perform quite closely to each other with nothing but a bit of fluctuation being seen.
Even at 4K, we can see the G3258 at stock clearly seems to hit a CPU wall. While there's not too much difference between the setups, just scraping in at 64 FPS means the extra 5-7 FPS seen on the other setups is greatly appreciated.
Hitman Absolution again clearly sees a CPU limitation with the G3258. While it's not quite as severe when overclocked, you can see the minimum still lags behind the i7-4790K by a good 10+ percent.
Tomb Raider sees all of our setups perform quite closely to each other, with fluctuation being the main issue. Overall, though, you can see our FPS are just too low to be playable.
GRID Autosport seems to love the MHz more than the cores when it comes to 4K testing as we see the minimum of our stock processors being quite similar. Overclocked, we see both results perform quite closely to each other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Metro Last Light]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs & BioShock Infinite]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840x2160 Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit