Intel's DC P3700 Series SSD's are available in four capacity sizes - 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB, and 2TB. Specifications list Sequential R/W of up to 2800/1900MB/s. IOPS is listed at Rnd 70/30 R/W 4KB of up to 250K. The DC P3700 has an endurance rating of 10 drive writes a day for five years.
For a more in-depth look at the Intel DC P3700's feature set, I will refer you to Paul Alcorn's "Defining NVMe" article.
Intel's 730 Series 2.5" SATA III SSD is available in two capacity sizes - 240GB and 480GB. Specifications list the 2.5" 730 Series SSD's as having a bandwidth performance of up to 540MB/s sequential reads and 490MB/s sequential writes. 4KB random read performance is listed at up to 89,000 IOPS and 4KB random write performance is listed at up to 74,000 IOPS.
For a more in-depth look at the Intel 730's feature set, I will refer you to Chris Ramseyer's extensive review of Intel's 730 Series SSD.
Test System Setup
We are running our DC P3700 800GB on our Test Setup 2
We are running our 730 Series 480GB arrays on our Test Setup 1
- Drive Properties
The majority of our testing is performed with our test drive/array as our boot volume. Our boot volume is 75% full for all OS Disk "C" drive testing to mimic a typical consumer OS volume implementation. We are utilizing Windows 8.1 64-bit for all of our testing.
PRICING: You can find both test subjects for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Intel DC P3700 (800GB) retails for $2841.00 at Amazon.
United States: The Intel 730 (480GB) retails for $395.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Test System Setup, Drive Properties, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force Collectors Edition costs $260, pre-order bonuses
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam