The best Warcraft III gamers from the East Coast of Australia all traveled to Sydney last Sunday and converged on the classy iStarZone internet gaming establishment at the George Street cinema complex to compete for their chance to win a fully paid trip to Shanghai in China next month for the worldwide final of ABIT ACON4.
ACON4 is a worldwide gaming competition organized by ABIT and sponsored by ATI, KIA Motor Cars, Intel, Kingston, Western Digital and Viewsonic. Gamers from 20 different countries all around the world battled it out against the best gamers in their region and then the best gamer from each country will be flown to Shanghai to compete against the best Warcraft III gamer from each participating country for the chance to win a KIA motor car and other prizes from sponsors. It is kind of like the Olympics for computer gamers but something which has never really been attempted to this scale in the past.
In the case of the Australian leg of the global gaming competition, two gamers from Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland (all different states of Australia for our International readers) made it to the Australian final in Sydney by beating everyone else in their state in a knock-out style competition. Simple math tells us this left us with six finalists who changed their faces from happy grin to serious concentration as the realization of the prizes and experiences up for grabs suddenly kicked in.
We were present at the iStarZone in Sydney last weekend for the final. Let's check out what went on and who will be flying to Shanghai early next month to compete for Australia in the worldwide final. Go Aussie!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Travis Scott will curate entire NBA 2K19 soundtrack
- DICE to release new Battlefield V gameplay trailer today
- Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition announced
- Devil May Cry 5's first playable demo to drop at Gamescom
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution