HD Tach 3.00 BETA
HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
Here you can see that nVidia blasts ahead of the competition by about 20%. While a single drive is half the speed when compared to the nVidia controller it is only 35% slower then the fastest PCI option.
Here we see nVidia is TWICE as fast as the competing controllers and even the single drive running off the native controller is faster then the RAID PCI option. The Highpoint controller seems to lag behind quite a bit.
There is nothing between CPU Utilization but as you can see the single drive uses half as much, in this case only 2 - 3%.
Like CPU Utilization there is nothing in the access time. .2MS separates all the drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 2 [Western Digital SATA RAID]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 3 [Adaptec 1210SA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 4 [Highpoint 1640]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 5 [Native nVidia nForce 3 250]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3.00 BETA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 9 [Benchmarks - X-Bit Labs FC Test]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Boot Time & 3DMark 2001]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz