HD Tach 3.00 BETA
HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
Here you can see that nVidia blasts ahead of the competition by about 20%. While a single drive is half the speed when compared to the nVidia controller it is only 35% slower then the fastest PCI option.
Here we see nVidia is TWICE as fast as the competing controllers and even the single drive running off the native controller is faster then the RAID PCI option. The Highpoint controller seems to lag behind quite a bit.
There is nothing between CPU Utilization but as you can see the single drive uses half as much, in this case only 2 - 3%.
Like CPU Utilization there is nothing in the access time. .2MS separates all the drives.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 2 [Western Digital SATA RAID]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 3 [Adaptec 1210SA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 4 [Highpoint 1640]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 5 [Native nVidia nForce 3 250]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3.00 BETA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 9 [Benchmarks - X-Bit Labs FC Test]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Boot Time & 3DMark 2001]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit