Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Video card(s): nVidia nForce 3 250GB Reference (Supplied by nVidia)
Video card(s): GeForce FX 5950 (Supplied by nVidia)
Memory: 1 x 512MB Kingmax PC4000 (Supplied by Kingmax)
Hard Disk(s): 2 x Western Digital 73GB Raptor Rev 2.0 SATA 10,000RPM in RAID 0 (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: nVidia Reference 409 (NF250GB)
Our recent trip up to Sydney for Intel's Solution Summit saw us returning back home with two brand new Revision 2.0 Western Digital Serial ATA Raptor drives and Western Digital's new RAID controller.
With the excellent success we had with the NF3250 motherboard we thought it was time for a controller shootout and here we are. We have included the latest beta version of HD Tach as well as X-Bit Labs File Copy Test.
One of the most interesting features of this article will be the native controller offered by nVidia and if it really can do what we think it can.
SiSoft Sandra 2004
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Here we see the native Serial ATA offered by nVidia really leap forward from the rest of the pack. You can see what kind of performance you get when compared to a single drive as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 2 [Western Digital SATA RAID]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 3 [Adaptec 1210SA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 4 [Highpoint 1640]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 5 [Native nVidia nForce 3 250]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Tach 3.00 BETA]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 9 [Benchmarks - X-Bit Labs FC Test]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Boot Time & 3DMark 2001]
- Serial ATA RAID Controllers - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media